BUT... I was recently blessed with a new ScrapBox and while transferring all my cra(p)ft items over I came across this cute calendar again! My mission: to find a crafty something to do with this item to justify keeping it five years.
I took this...
And turned it into this...
This is two sets of four cards with matching envelopes and holder. You need a pretty calendar that is at least 12x12, some coordinating card stock, embellishments and some creative mojo (even if you have to borrow the mojo).
First, take the staples out and cut it in half. Take two of the full sheets and make the holders:
Fold it in half to make a triangle. Score at 5 1/4" on each end.
Now, with the middle score line horizontal, bring in the left and right sides and set the folds.
Now you can put a little adhesive on the tip to make it easier to embellish.
So on with the envelopes...
Start out with a 8 1/2" square. Then my Martha Stewart scoring template told me what to do.
I looked at my envelopes that I had in my supplies and based my folds according to that. But I don't think it really matters *that* much.
I chose to take that notch off so I used my scoring tool and ruler and folded it under.
Then put the adhesive on the edges...
A pretty legit envelope, wouldn't you say?
I put a white label on the front of the envelope and tape without removing the backing on the flap. This way there is no need for random supplies if I give it away or if I use it myself - ready to go. I did use my corner rounder to trim the tip of the flap just to give it a detail of intention.
Cards always take me a loooong time to design. But once I have my layout it's pretty quick. My method was to use a 1 1/2" circle punch to choose little scenes from my calendar scraps and then mounted them on scallop circle mats with dimentionals. I gave the scallops a little sponging on the edges to get some depth.
I cut 3x4 1/2" more plain scene rectangles for a back ground. I embossed the card and then set off to put them all together. I like to use more than one texture for cards to keep them interesting so I added some ribbon pieces to the front and just a couple little pearls to that.
Again, here's the cuteness in finished form...